Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Love Seeks Love

I have arrived.
Where a sometimes gentle, sometimes torrent river flows,
over steady stones.
When I arrive, I melt.
I am neither deep, nor shallow.
I am all at once.
without questioning "why?"
the salmon swims miles and miles upstream to die,
Or how crystal water rises from an opening in the Earth.
I do understand,
divine destiny seeks its arrival.

The heart does this too.
It seeks purposeful expression 
and holy destinations.
It might break into a million pieces.
but love does not stop.
What makes the heart whole again?

Love seeks love.
A trickle, a current, a tide, or does it come in waves?
Let the river of love flow.
To quench the thirst of dry lake beds,
To carve secret canyons,
Let it flood wide open arms.








No comments:

Post a Comment