Friday, June 6, 2014

What Sustains Me?


My yoga practice. The results of yoga keep me connected to my body, to a root source of energy that clears, renews and aligns with truth. Dedication to the practice, bhakti, helps me to hold myself up again and again; I don't collapse with fear, because I remember who I am. These roots deepen and strengthen, supporting expansive expression. The clarity of my form seals cracks in the foundation, heals leaks of negligence. The more clear I get, the more strength I gain, the more I expand, the more I can hold. And my heart loves this; it seeks connection and expression through opening. This sustains. Because truth is sustainable. 

Tending my garden. I dig, I plant, I weed and repeat. I look forward to the ripening tomato that seems like a lifetime of waiting; I'm reminded that the anticipation is more exhausting than moments of patience. I underestimate the space the pumpkins will stretch. Wild vivacious vines. I uproot the undesirables; this is my meditation. The tending nourishes me more than the fruit itself.

Dancing. So many reasons why dancing nourishes, sustains, supports all else. Freedom of expression and loosening of lifes' grip. Freeing my pelvis renews my connection to a universal primal force.

Relations. Reflections, inspiration, validation. To serve. To be heard, to be seen, to give, to recieve. Without You, who am I?

And it all leads to Love. Love for each other, love for this place, this body, love for the Divine. 

Love sustains.





No comments:

Post a Comment