Thursday, March 14, 2013

Promises to Keep

I will wake up today, I will breathe.
I promise to be breathe deeper.
I will stand on two feet and claim this body.
I will become who I already am.
Life will move me awake.
I will step onto a bed of coals and unveil the mystery.

I will believe lies and I will lie too.
I promise to discover the truth.
I will peel open the rind of my heart, because this time around, its okay.
I will love and be loved, it is a birthright.
I promise, I will.

I will laugh, cry, scream and be silent,
I promise to laugh a lot.
I will blame you for the way I am,
I will forgive.
I will remember who I am.
I promise, I will.

I will run like a gazelle, fast and keen, to the other side of the Earth and back again.
I will bow to the beggar and say thank you for asking.
I will bow to the teacher and say thank you for your light, now I see.
With my hand on my heart, I will bow to myself, and say I see you too.
I promise, I will do that.

I will change today, because the world needs me now.
When my voice shakes with fear,
I promise to speak up.
I will fall flat and short,
I will rise up, and hold myself tall, I am human after all.
I will fly.
I promise you that.

I will search for something, to find it is endless.
My child's eyes will bring me back.
I will play hide and seek with her.
I will hold her tiny hand and let her show me the way.
I promise I will.

My dreams cannot wait,
I will live them now.
I will believe that.
I will doubt it too.
I promise to dream big!

I cannot promise I will always be here.
I will return to dust,
I will return to the ocean, drown in its ecstasy.
but don't hold your breath.
I promise I will return.

I promise I will forget these promises.
I promise to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment